Monday, October 15, 2012

Chapter 7: Earth

   I'll never forget my first date with Peter Mendez. It was absolutely amazing. He was the perfect gentleman, said that I looked beautiful, did not touch his phone once, and I had his undivided attention.

          Friday,
            May 1st, 2008

   I remember when I came to school those past few days, there was a note on my locker from Peter. It said, 
           'I'm looking forward to the movies on Friday, and I hope that you are too.
                                                                                       -Peter.'

   I was definitely looking forward to it, because he made that day one of the best days ever. Peter picked me up from my house Friday at 8:30, and we went to go see Moulin Rouge.

   "Damn it!" I said.

   "What's wrong?" asked Peter.

   "I hope you don't think I did this on purpose, but I forgot my wallet."

   "It's okay, Leah. I was going to pay for you anyways."

   I smiled. "Thank you."

   "You're welcome. Oh, and by the way, you look beautiful tonight." Peter said.

   I had a big smile on my face. I swear, that night I blushed more than I had in my life. Peter surprised me when we were about to walk into the theater. He opened the door for me, and wouldn't let me hold it open. I was really starting to like him.

   "Do you want anything to drink?" Peter asked.

   "Um, wouldn you please get me a Coke?"

   "Of course."

   While he was getting our drinks I walked over to the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face, so I would stop blushing. However, it did not work. As I came out, Peter was standing there waiting for me.

   "Alright. Where do you want to sit?" I asked.

   "You choose." He said.

   "Okay. Let's go to the top row, that's my favorite place to sit." I said.

   "It's crowded here tonight." said Peter.

   "Yeah, sort of."

   "So, where did you live before you moved here to Arizona?" Peter asked.

   "Oregon. It's very different than here, and a lot colder. The hottest weather I've been in was when I went to Laguna Beach, California. That was almost three years ago, however. Have you ever lived anywhere else?" I answered.

   "No, I've lived here in Tucson all of my life. I love it here." He smiled at me.

   "Shh!" Someone in the audience yelled at us.

   " I don't like talking quietly, do you?" I asked.

   "Not at all."

   "If you don't shut up I'll go get the manager!" Somebody else yelled.

   "Keep talking. I've already seen this movie." I said to him.

   "Really? Then why did you pick it?" Peter asked.

   "I love it, it is one of my favorite movies! Have you seen it?" I answer.

   "No, what's it about?"

   After he said that someone walked up to us. "Excuse me, but you guys have been talking too much/ Would you mind leaving?"

   "Let's go Leah." Peter said amused.

   We walked out of the theater laughing, so instead of the movie we just sat down at a table in the lobby. "So what is the movie about?" Peter asked.

   "It is about this English writer who falls in love with a prostitute, and they have to hide their love from everyone. There is a duke who is also in love with the prostitute, but he wants her all to himself. The prostitute gets very ill, and the writer is willing to do anything to stay with her. I'd tell you more, but then I would ruin the whole movie for you. Oh, and it is a musical." I explained.

   "Wow, sounds amazing."

   "It really, especially the music." I said.

   "Did I mention that you look beyond beautiful tonight?" Peter smiled at me.

   "Yes, I think so." I blushed.

   Peter always made me feel beautiful.  Especially that night, because I was just wearing shorts and a tank top, I was not even wearing any makeup.

   "What's beautiful to you?" I asked Peter.

   "Besides you? Or do you mean what do I find beautiful in a woman?"

   "What do you find beautiful in a woman?"

   "I think that it is amazing when a girl can be herself around me, and feel confident without makeup. Just like you." He said with a smile.

   "You just can't stop making me blush can you?" I smiled back at him.

   "Nope. When I see a beautiful girl, I get to know her, and see what happens from there. So far with you and me it's going pretty great." Peter said.

   I laughed. "I can tell. Are you one of those guys that uses the stupid pick up lines?

   "That depends, do you want me to?" Peter laughed.

   "No, no. I think I'll be fine. So, how many relationships have you had before?"

   "Two. One was in freshman year, and one was in my sophomore year. How about you?"

   "It wasn't really a relationship, but my best friend was my first love. I was twelve, and he was sixteen. I loved him for nearly two years." I said.

   "What happened?" Peter asked.

   "I realized that I would never have a chance, and that we would never be more than friends." I explained.

   "Oh, I would say that's too bad, but if you hadn't realized that, then you probably wouldn't be here with me."

   "So what happened with the two girls?" I asked.

   "What they always do, cheat." He answered.

   "I'm sorry."

   After I said that I won't forget what he did next. He took me by the hand, and we went upstairs. He did not say a thing, I had no clue what we were doing.

   "What are we doing?" I asked.

   Peter did not answer, he looked me in the eyes, and then slowly kissed me. This boy really liked me, I could tell. We were up there for a while, and then an alarm went off on my phone.

   "It's 10:30 already, dammit. I need to go. Would you mind taking me home?" I asked.

   "I would be more than happy to." He smiled.

   On the way home we talked about hanging out over the weekend. "I'm free tomorrow, but my mom has me stay home on Sundays." I said.

   "That's fine." He said smiling.

   "So I'll see you tomorrow?"

   "Yes." said Peter.

   He walked me up to my door. We said good night to each other, and kissed good bye. I still remember every detail of that night, I won't ever forget it.

  

1 comment: