Monday, October 1, 2012

Chapter 3: Soul Castle

   When I died I woke up in a castle. I had no clue that I was even gone from the world. Right then all I wanted was my mother. I was really surprised to that feeling.

   I got up from the floor, and I looked out the nearest window I could find. When I looked out the window I saw my mom and Tyler. My mom was crying her eyes out. I swear, there was more water coming out of her eyes than the Niagra Falls! Tyler wasn't crying though, so this made me wonder what was going on. "Don't worry Isabella, everything is going to be okay!" said Tyler

   "But she was my baby girl, she can't be dead!" My mom was devasted

   Then, I realized I was dead. I was gone forever from the world. "No!" I screamed

   I ran down the long hall looking for a way out. I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't. "No! Mommy, look! I'm up here! I'm not DEAD, I'm not! Please! Mommy stop. I'm still here" I screamed so loudly I couldn't speak anymore

   That stupid hallway was like there was no end to it. I kept running till I could at least find a corner, and when I did I sat down and cried, cried, and cried. Being dead was nothing like I imagined it to be. My first day being dead was the worse day ever. I absolutely hated it. I sat in that corner for hours, and realized that the dead couldn't sleep. I looked up from where I was sitting, and I saw something. I think it was another spirit or something, but I wasn't sure. I tried to run after them, with my luck however they disapperead before I could get to them. I really needed to talk to somebody.

   I got tired of sitting and crying, so I got up and looked for a door. There wasn't a door in sight until I got to the very end of the hallway. When I got to the door it already opened by itself. There was a staircase, so I walked down a few flights of stairs until I found another door to go through.

   Above the door it said, "Dream Room." I was curious, so I walked in. The room was seperated from good dreams and bad dreams. I think it was seperated again, so I went to the back to see what it was. I asked someone what it was and they said, "Don't you know? It's Dream Loss."

  "I didn't know what it was because I'm new here, and I don't know where I'm supposed be. Do you think you can help me?" I asked

   "Yes I can. You go back out that door, and you go down to the second to last door, and that's where the new people go." He answered

   "Thanks."

   So that day I figured out that you have to do a lot of walking while you're dead. However, the good thing is that your legs never get tired. I was amazed at the difference of your body once you're dead.

   I got to the door, and on the door it said, "New Souls." Once again, another door that opened up all by itself. I walked over to the lady at the front desk. Her name was Olivia. "Welcome to Soul Castle. How may I help you?" She asked

   "So that's what this place is called! Anyways, I'm new here, and I have no idea where I'm supposed to be, or what I'm supposed to do." I said

   "Okay, sweetie. I need your name, age, your birthday, day of death, and how you died."

   "My name is Leah Night. I'm fifteen years old. I was born May 15, 1993, and I died May 15, 2008. I died by murder, I was stabbed in the heart." I started to tear up

   Olivia looked up when she realized I died on my birthday. There was nothing I wanted more at that moment than to go home. "Oh sweetie, I am so sorry! I am going to schedule you some therapy sessions. You'll find a schedule in your room." She said

   "But I can hardly remember what happened that night! Where is my room?" I asked

   "It's okay. The therapist will help you remember. You are in room number 121, and on floor 15. The stairs are right over there, and once you get there you will meet your new room mate."

   "Thank you."  I said as I walked away

   Olivia was really nice. I think I might like it here, and hopefully I'll like my roommate.

   I had to climb up thirteen flights of stairs. My room was the last one down the hall, I was ready to meet my new roommate. On the door there was a sign that said, 'Brown & Night.' I knocked three times, and heard a voice say, "Come in."

   I walked in and there was my roommate for life. Well not life, because we're already dead. She was cute; she had long blonde hair, kind of tall, green eyes, and was very very skinny. "Hi, I'm Aly. I guess we're roommates now, huh?" Aly said

   I laughed. "Yeah. I'm Leah. I know this may sound really nosy, but may I ask how you ended up here?" I asked

   "It's okay. You'll get used to being asked how you died. I thought I was fat, so I starved myself. I only starved myself for a guy though. What happened to you?" Aly replied

   Well I guess it's only fair to tell you, since you told me. I was murdered on my birthday. I was stabbed in the heart, and the worse thing is I don't remember anything of that night. Not even who it was that killed me."

   "Oh honey, come here." She said reassuringly

   I went over to herand she opened her arms really wide, and gave me a big hug. She set my head in her lap while I cried and tried to cheer me up. "It's okay sweetie. The therapist will help you remember everything, and anything you want to remember. There is also something you need to remember here, everybody here has died, nobody is better than you, and nobody is any less than you. Do not let anybody bring you down. I'll help you for as long as I'm here. Please remember this." Aly said

   "Yes, I will. What do you mean for as long as you're here?" I asked

   "Once you have progressed here you move on to a new level. It's confusing, but I'll explain to you later." She answered

   "Am I going to learn about this in therapy tomorrow?"

   "Yes." Aly said

   Oh great. Now I am going to have even more to do. I wonder if I'm going to like being here more, or living on Earth. "Aly, how old were you when you died?" I asked

   "I was eigtheen. I'll admit, I do miss being alive. How old were you?"

   "Sixteen. I died on my birthday." I said

   "It's getting late. We should go to bed."

   "But we can't sleep."

   "Only the new people can't. You're still in shock. If you try, maybe you can sleep." said Aly

   "Alright. Good night, and thank you very much for all of the advice." I said

   "Anytime, hun. Good night."

   I think I might like it here. I have a new friend, and she's really nice. However, I found out that I have a long way to go here. I think I'm going to like it here in Soul Castle.



No comments:

Post a Comment