Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chapter 5: Earth

   When I was alive I always fell for the guys who were really sweet to me. Peter Mendez was definitely one of them. I really liked that boy.

   "Why don't you go ask him out?" asked Roxy

   "I'm not sure. What if he doesn't like me?" I said

   "He does like you, I can tell."

   My heart was filled with joy when I heard Roxy say that. I wish I was still alive, so I could see Peter and tell him I'm fine.

   "Would you mind talking to him for me?" I asked

   Oh my god! You aren't one of those girls who are too afraid to talk to the guy she likes, are you?"

   "Maybe..." I said with fear

   "Leah! You need to break out of your shell! You are a beautiful young woman, and you need to go after what you want. If you would do this a lot of guys would be all over you." She explained

   "I just stopped trying when I realized that guys only want my virginity, and I'm just not ready to give it up yet."

   I remember how surprised Roxy was when she found out that I was a virgin. I could tell she wanted to make fun of me for it.

   "You're still a virgin?!"

   Roxy yelled loud enough that everyone in the cafeteria could hear her. I remember how embarressed I was after that. I just wanted to leave. You know what's even better though? Peter heard her, and just kept starring at me.

  "Thank you, so much Roxy."

   "After that I just grabbed my stuff and walked right out of there. I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn't want to turn around.

   "Hey Leah! Wait up! said Peter

   "Are you hear to make fun of me?"

   "No. I'm here to comfront you. Don't worry about them, Leah. You aren't the only virgin in this school." He said

   I gave him a weird look. "Oh really? Who else is then?"

   "Me. When people found out I was made fun of for weeks. However, some people gained more respect for me. If anyone makes fun of you, don't listen to them, because most likely they weren't ready for their first time, or they're still a virgin."

   I walked over to hug him. Peter pulled back from my arms, and then kissed me. My first kiss with Peter was amazing. I absolutely loved it. However, it hurts me to think that I will never be able to kiss him again.

   "Do you want to go to the movies with my Saturday night?" he asked

   I smiled at Peter. "Of course."

   Just because I died I won't be able to tell Peter that I love him. Never. Also, I will never learn myself if Peter loves me back. That is what breaks my heart the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment