Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chapter 4: Earth

       Wednesday,
           April 30, 2008

   I was walking down the halls at school, and all of a sudden I remembered what Peter told me. I should've told my mom everything, so we could've moved back to Oregon. I really wish I would've been smart enough so I'd still be alive now.

   "Hi, Peter." I said with no emotion

   "Um, hey Leah. Something wrong?" He asked

   "I've been thinking about what you told me about Pete and Roxy, and honestly I'm kind of scared."

   "Oh Leah, I am so sorry if I scared you. I had no intention to. It's just a rumor, and it's most likely not true." He said reassuringly

   I remember how much better Peter always made me feel. I miss him very much. "Alright, thanks."

   Peter smiled and then walked away. I'll never forget how he looks. Peter was very tall, had short blond hair, brown eyes, was sort of scrawny, and had the most amazing smile.

   It was lunch time, and Pete and Roxy were actually here today. I went to go sit with them. I remember they had the strangest looks on their faces. They looked as if they just saw someone get shot.

   "What's wrong with you guys?" I asked

   "Nothing you would care about." said Roxy

   "Why are you mad at me?" I practically yelled

   "She's mad because you ditched her at the movies." said Pete

   Then I started getting irritated. What kind of lie had she told him? "She basically ditched me for some perverted douche bags to makeout with. So, get your story straight before you excuse me for anything, Pete."

   "Roxy why would you do that?" Now Pete sounded like the mad one. "You know Leah doesn't do that with guys she doesn't know! She's not like you, and you gotta remember that."

   Roxy gave him the dirtiest look I had ever seen. "I don't care if she's not like me, I wanted to kiss the guy, and I did. That's all in the past now, let's forget it."

   "Whatever." I said "What happened to you guys Monday and Tuesday?"

   "Family buisness." They said together

   "Okay. So is it true that your house is haunted?" I asked

   I tried to ask as fast as I could, because I wasn't sure if I even wanted to ask them the question. They gave each other a weird look like they were trying to think of an excuse.

   "So people are starting this rumor again I guess." said Pete

   "Of course it's not true! Ghosts aren't real. That's just stupid, who told you that?" asked Roxy

   "Peter, how long has the rumor been going on?"

   "This is ridiculous. The rumor has been going around since I was in the 10th grade, and Roxy was in the 8th." said Pete

   "People just don't know when to give it a rest do they?" said Roxy

   Then they asked me if I believed the rumors. I was absolutely shocked, because I had no idea how to answer! I won't forget the look they gave me. It was as if they were planting the word, "No" into my head. "Of course not. Ghosts aren't real." I said reassuringly

   I only said no so they would leave me alone. The look they were giving me was practically burning my eyes.

   "Good. So, Leah, I saw the way you were looking at Peter earlier." Roxy said

   "Yeah, and?" I was confused

   "Why didn't you tell me?"

   "Tell you what?" I blushed

   "That you have a crush on Peter!"

   "But I don't." I lied

   I was a horrible liar, and they could tell. "You so do, Leah." She smiled

   Roxy was right. I did have a crush on Peter, and I still do. However, I don't know if I can get over him.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment