Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chapter Two: Leah

This is all going to drive me crazy. I have been sitting in my room the past couple days, just trying to think what could have caused all of this to happen. I cannot think of a logical explanation as to why my best friend would help them with my murder. This is all just ridiculous. It makes you wonder what is real, and what is not. I never believed in ghosts, spirits, or demons. However, those people in that house on that night; were not human. They were far from it.
How long have I been in this room? It seems as if I have been in here for an eternity. Will I get a new roommate? I hope so. I would not want to be here all alone. It would be the first time I have been alone since I have got here. I am not sure if I am ready for that yet.
“I need to get out of here,” I said to myself.
But where should I go? I do not have a roommate to help me out. Maybe I should stop by Savannah’s office. She might be able to help me figure things out. I do not think that I’ll be able to figure all of this out myself.
I need Molly as well. I would sure as hell love to talk to that girl. She was supposed to be my best friend! We grew up together, and as soon as I leave she plots against me with two, two… Whatever the hell those two were! How did my death, wait no. Not my death; my murder. How did my murder benefit them?
Peter. Peter would be able to help me. Sadly, Peter is not here. I cannot see him anymore. I wonder how long it has been. Maybe I should go see him at the “Movies.” It would be amazing seeing him again. I miss him so much. Him and I may not have been together long, but we did fall for each other pretty fast. Our love was like a flower; it grew every day, and the beauty of it showed when it bloomed.

I know what I am going to do now. I am going to go see Savannah, and then I am going to peek on Peter. That should help, right? I hope it will. I just needed to change before I left.
When I walked into the bathroom I took another look at the damage my friends did to me. It was different looking at them after I found out what really happened to me. The bruises all along my arms; Pete tried to rape me and held me down so I would not get away. An X shaped scar over my heart; Tyler had cut into my skin to mark the spot. A part of the X shaped scar a little thicker; Amanda had stabbed me in the heart.
How long should it take for someone to get over an attack? A day? A week? A month? A year? After they are dead? Well, I was not given any time to cope. I was brutally attacked, and murdered. I am not going to let those people think it is all right. Bad things will come to them. If bad things do not come to them, I will send bad things to them myself.
I could not look at the damage on myself any longer. It was time to go see Savannah. I needed to talk to someone about all of this. It was time to wipe up the tears, and go speak to someone.
I walked outside of my room for the first time in days. Everything was still the same, of course. Nothing seems to change in Soul Castle. There are new people each and every day. However, the surroundings all seem to stay the same.
I started for the stairs, and passed a lot people. It’s strange how you can see a ton of strangers, and not know a single thing about them. You do not know what is going on with their life, or after life. You do not know if they were murdered or died peacefully. You do not know if they were so sad, and thought that the only way out was to kill themselves. You do not know anything about them. They could be having the best day of their lives, or they could be having the worse. They could be completely happy, or incredibly sad. You should always smile at these people, at the strangers you see everywhere around you. Just one smile. You never know, your smile could get them through the rest of the day. Their smile in return could help you with yours.
I got to Savannah’s office, and she was already sitting in there waiting for me. She was just sitting there, waiting. I walked in and said, “I need to talk to you.”
“Please, Leah. Sit down.”
I sighed. “Okay. But like I just said, I need to talk to you. I’m very confused lately. I am quite mad as well.”
“I figured you might have been going through some things. I take it you did sleep.”
“Yes,” I yelled.
I was beginning to get frustrated. Savannah kept asking me questions. I wanted to tell her what happened. “Now can you please stop with the questions, so I can tell you what happened to me?”
Savannah sighed. She looked tired. “By all means, go ahead.”
“Thank you,” I said. “So, I was right. It was my birthday when everything happened. The whole day was just one big major disaster. I had gotten in a fight with everyone except Peter and Roxy. My boyfriend, Peter, and I got in a massive argument. I cheated on him. I know I did wrong, and I regret it more than ever. So, after him and I got in our fight I went back to my house. I got home and Tyler, my mom’s ex-boyfriend was there. He had convinced her that I was no good, and that it was time to kick me out of the house. So, she did. I had nowhere to go. However, then I remembered that Roxy said I could come over, and stay there if I needed to. I took her up on the offer. When I got there, everything had just seemed so creepy; unwelcoming. Everything was quite ominous. However, none of that fazed me at the moment, because I just wanted a place to stay. I went inside and Roxy showed me around.”
I stopped to take a breath from my rambling. Savannah looked quite interested so far. “There weren’t any adults at their house,” she asked.
“No, there was not. Roxy and Pete had told me before that their mom worked a lot, so she was hardly ever home. So, after Roxy had shown me around she gave me a cup of hot chocolate. However, it was not just hot chocolate that was in the cup. I almost instantly nocked right out. I don’t remember exactly what happened after I woke up, but I remember Pete tried to rape me. He was holding on to my arms really tight. He didn’t rape me though.”
“Why not,” asked Savannah.
“Roxy stopped him. She said that someone was there. After she said that, the next thing I knew Pete threw me off of the loft. I did not fall to the ground though. Roxy caught me. She started carrying me to her mother’s room. Well, what I was told was her mother’s room. She brought me into the bathroom first. She did my makeup, and got me all dressed up. I was like her Barbie doll.”
“How interesting,” said Savannah? “This is all so intense and crazy.”
“Oh, believe me. I know. So, after she was finished with me, she brought me into the actual bedroom part. I still couldn’t move, because of whatever they gave me. She laid me down on the floor, and I heard a man talking. You know who it was? Tyler, my mom’s ex-boyfriend. I don’t remember what he said to me, but he took a knife and cut an X into my skin right over my heart. I heard someone say, ‘I am so sorry my California sister.’ There is only one person who could have ever said that to me. My best friend, Molly May. Guess what she did right after she apologized? She stabbed me. She stabbed me right in my fucking heart.”
“Oh my gosh! I know that girl, Leah. I have seen her around here for therapy. She killed you? She couldn’t have. That girl is such a sweetheart,” Savannah was beyond shocked from the story.
“I saw her crystal clear, Savannah. I know it was her!”
I was getting aggravated. Did she not believe me? Molly even confessed in her letter to me. Maybe coming to Savannah was a bad idea. “Calm down, Leah.”
“I will not calm down! I was murdered, that girl murdered me. We were best friends! You don’t just go around murdering your best friends. You just don’t.”
“I’m sure there is a logical explanation as to why she did it. Surely she did not do it all on her own if those other people were there. Have you talked about it with her since you found out?”
“No. She got moved down a level or two. I haven’t seen her since.”
“You should talk to her, Leah.”
By then I was outraged. “I will not speak to her! That bitch better think twice about crossing my path. She has no idea what is coming to her!”
I yelled at Savannah, and then I left. I did not let her bother with speaking to me, and trying to calm down. It was pointless. Could she seriously be taking her side? This is all just too ridiculous.
It was time to go to the “Movies” and see Peter. Seeing him will making everything better for at least a little while. I just needed to be able to make it there without completely breaking down, and losing control over the day.
On my way to the “Movies” I saw a ton of people. I saw happy people, sad people, people who were on the verge of tears, people laughing so much their stomach hurt, people in love, and people who were alone. I felt like one of the people who were alone. I so desperately just wanted to give up on the day, and drop right to the ground and scream. I did not do that though. I thought to myself, just a little bit longer and I’ll be fine. A little bit longer, and I could see his face. He won’t be able to see me, but I just want to see him. Oh, what I would give to be with him again.
When I got to the “Movies” I put in his name and everything else. I sat down in a seat, and waited for the love of my life to show up on the screen. Three… Two… One…
There he was. Oh my dear lord. Peter. Peter did not look anything like the Peter I remembered. This man that was on the screen was not the same. His blond hair was now all shaggy. His clothes were wrinkly and tattered. His facial hair had become scruff. There were dark circles underneath his eyes from lack of sleep. Then, there were his eyes. His eyes were the same eyes. However, they were so immensely sad. There was not one ounce of happiness on that man.
Peter was sitting down in grass, and it looked like he was in a cemetery. I could not see the head stone though. He was blocking it. Peter was just sitting there. He was not speaking, or anything. He almost looked peaceful. However, you would have to be crazy to think that he actually did look peaceful. Anyone could see how sad this man looked.
Peter had moved a little, and I could see the head stone. It was mine. Oh my dear lord. My head stone! This is all so surreal. Why was he at my grave though? He and I did not leave off on good terms whatsoever. I cheated on him. Maybe he has forgiven me? That is crazy, because I still have not forgiven myself.
Oh, Peter. How I wish I could just scoot up into your lap, and wrap my arms around you. I would tell you that I am fine. I miss you, I miss you, and I miss you.

I looked at Peter closely, and he had begun to cry. This was just way to heartbreaking. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something. Peter looks up at the head stone through his tear stained eyes and says, “I still love you, Leah.”

No comments:

Post a Comment