Friday, December 13, 2013

Chapter 12: Earth

Wednesday,
   May 8, 2008

            That day I feared going to school. I did not want to see Pete, nor did I want to see Peter. God, their names were way too similar. I am just glad that I never called Peter, Pete.
            When I got to school that day I tried my best to act cool, and to act if nothing was wrong. Peter was waiting for me at my locker. I remember when I came up to him; I gave him the biggest kiss ever. I was trying to push out all thoughts of Pete out of my mind.
            “What was that for,” Peter asked with a grin.
            He always loved it when I kissed him like that. “Oh you know, just because I love you,” I smiled.
            “So what’s up with you this week? You’ve been so spacey and paranoid about everything?”
            “I always get like this before my birthday,” I admitted.
            “Why?”
            “I’ve told you before, I don’t like my birthday.”
            “Sorry,” Peter said. “I must’ve forgotten.”
            I felt bad; I probably hurt his feelings. “It’s okay. I’m sorry I’m acting like this. I’m just afraid what my mom is going to do this year.”
            I had not ever told anyone about what my mom does, before I told Peter that day. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I wished I had not said them. I was so worried at how he would react, because I did not want him to break up with me, and leave me.
            “What are you talking about,” Peter asked, confused.
            “Um, nothing. I have to go, I’ll see you later,” I answered.
            I did not even want Peter to know. I did not want Peter to know that my mom does something extremely stupid and harmful every year on my birthday. Last year, she left me a note, and it said she was going to Vegas for the month. You know what she brought home with her? Or should I say who? She brought back that dumbass boyfriend of hers, Tyler.
            After I walked away from Peter I went to my class as fast as I could. I had English first period. As I sat down, and opened up my book, I found a note.
            I was just glad that that note was one not from Pete. It was from my boyfriend, Peter. It said: “Leah, we’ve hardly spent any time together lately. Skip second period, and meet me in the parking lot.
                                                                                                          Love,
                                                                                                          Peter.
            First period felt like it was going on forever that day! I remember as soon as the bell rang, I practically ran to the parking lot. When I got out of the building, I walked to my car, and there he was waiting for me. As soon as I got close enough to him, he pressed his lips to mine right away.
            I miss him. I still love him. He pulled back from the kiss, and said, “Okay, now get in the car, Leah.”
            “Where are we going,” I asked.
            “We are going to have fun. We are going to take a break from everything else. Most importantly, my love, we are going to relax.”
            I giggled. “Peter! Just tell me.”
            He smiled. “We’re going roller skating.”
            When he told me that we were going to go roller skating, I got a bit scared. I knew that I was going to fall. A lot. I did not want him to laugh at me. However, I now know that I never had to worry about that. “But I don’t know how,” I said.
            “I’ll teach you,” Peter said with a big grin.
            “You promise to not laugh when I fall?”
            “Yes,” Peter said. “I promise.”
            “Okay,” I laughed. “Let’s go.”
            The car ride there took a while. It was worth it though, because I got to spend more time with him. I wish that I was still alive so I could tell him that I cheated, so I would not feel so damn guilty right now.

            I remember that as soon as we got there, I was filled with nerves. I did not want to go roller skating, I thought that if I fell, I would break my neck or something. “Uh, do I have to,” I asked as we walked in.
            Peter laughed. “Yes, you do.”
            “But what if I break something?”
            After I said that, Peter turned right towards me, and he kissed me. “As long as I’m here, you won’t get hurt.”
            I smiled, and blushed. “Okay.”
            I was so embarrassed when we got the roller skates. I had no clue how to lace them, or anything. I still don’t know how to put on a pair of damn roller skates.
            “Uh, Peter?”
            He turned to me as he got done lacing his skates. “Uh, how do I lace these,” I asked.
            “Here,” He said, pulling my foot onto his lap. “Let me do I for you.”
            I do not know how I got so lucky to have Peter. Well, I guess I’m not so lucky anymore, huh? If only I was still alive. I would be the happiest girl ever, because I would still be with him.
            “There you go,” Peter smiled.
            “Peter, I love you,” I said.
            He smiled even more, “I love you too.”
            Okay, after he laced up my skates, he took me by the hand, and led me to the rink. I almost fell just by skating over the wall to enter the rink! I could not believe that I was that ungraceful!
            When we entered the rink, Peter let go of my hand, and took off skating. “What the hell,” I shouted.
            “You won’t learn if I hold your hand the entire time,” Peter yelled back.
            “Whatever!”
            I was a little mad that he let go, because I did not want to fall, and embarrass myself in front of him. However, I was doing pretty damn good. “Peter! Look at me, I’m skating!”
            I felt so proud of myself without Peter helping me. “That’s great! You think you can make it at least once around without falling?”
            “I can try,” I answered.
            “Okay, Leah. Now is the time, you can do it, baby!”
            I made it about halfway around the rink, and then I fell right on my butt. I was feeling so proud of myself too! “Dammit,” I yelled.
            Peter skated over to me, laughing. “You okay, Leah?”
            “Glad you think it’s funny, asshole,” I started laughing as well.
            Even though I hated skating, that day was amazing. Every time I was around Peter I knew I could be myself. He would never once make fun of me for his own amusement. “I love you,” Peter said to me.
            I smiled, and blushed. “I love you too.”
            “Did you have fun,” Peter asked, teasing me.
            “Hell no,” I laughed. “Did you see how many times I fell on my ass?”
            “Yes, I did,” He bent down to my ear, and whispered. “And you should watch your language.”
            “Oops,” I giggled. “I’m sorry.”
            “It is perfectly fine, my love.”
            “So what do you wanna do now?”
            “Well, it’s almost five, so I think it’s time to get you home.”
            “Aw, okay.”
            “You know, you act like a little kid sometimes,” Peter said jokingly.
            I gave him a big, puppy dog look, and said, “That’s why you love me!”
            “Okay, Leah. Let’s go.”
            We got into Peter’s car, and drove back to school so I could get my car. On our way to the school, he kept telling me that he had a big surprise for me on my birthday. I wonder what it was that he had planned. When we got to the school, he finally stopped talking about the big birthday surprise. “Bye, babe. I love you.”

            I loved Peter, very much. I still do. I would do anything to be with him again. I would also do anything to go back into time, and take back all the things I did with Pete. Peter, if you are out there somewhere, and there is any possible way you can hear me right now, I want you to know to know that I love you. Forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment