Friday, December 6, 2013

Chapter 10: Earth


Monday,
   May 4, 2008

            I remember when I came to school, I was still really happy from my date with Peter. I had a smile on my face the whole day.
            “Hey Pete,” I said.
            “Hello Leah,” said Pete with a smile.
            “Any idea where Roxy is?”
            “No clue, sorry.”
            “It’s okay. I don’t really want to walk alone, so do you mind walking me to class?”
            After I asked, Pete had a mischievous smile. “Not at all.”
            “So, anything did anything happen to you this weekend?”
            “Well, one of Roxy’s friends from New York just moved back here. So, we were excited about that. What about that?”
            “On Friday night I went to the movies with, Peter. On Saturday him and I went to the beach.”
            “Well, don’t you seem all happy about that,” said Pete, irritated. “Did you and Peter kiss?”
            A big smile came across my face, “Yes, we did.”
            “Hmm, is he your boyfriend?”
            “That he is.”
            “Oh.,” was all Pete mustered up to say.
            “Is something wrong,” I asked.
            “It’s nothing. Well, it’s nothing you would care about anyways. I’ll see you later at lunch. Bye, Leah.”
            “Uh, bye?”
            Why couldn’t I have known that it was all an act; that everything Pete ever said to me was a lie? I was stupid. I was young. I was naïve. I still am.
            I remember that day went by really fast. Before I knew it, it was already lunch. I went and sat down with Roxy and Pete, but there was someone else sitting with them. She was very pretty. She looked quite petite, her hair was curly and brown, big blue eyes, and just a hint of freckles on her nose.
            Now I know why Savannah looked so familiar! This must be her daughter! I probably just did not remember her. Anyways, back to the story.
            “Hey guys,” I said as I sat down.
            “Hi,” Pete said, still sounding sad.
            “Hi Leah! This is my friend, June Taylor. She just moved back here from New York,” said Roxy.
            June smiled at me, “Hello Leah. It’s so nice to meet you.”
            “Hi June,” I smiled back. “It’s nice to meet you as well. So, how long have you been gone?”
            “I’ve been gone for about a year and a half. My mother died last year, I took some writing classes for a semester, and for about two months I was trying to convince my dad to come back here. He finally listened.”
            “I’m sorry for your loss,” I said.
            “It’s okay. She was really sick, and within time Jesus took her soul, and set her free.”
            “That is a great way to put it.”
            “So, Leah, how were your dates with Peter,” asked Roxy.
            I blushed. “They were absolutely fantastic.”
            “Where did he end up taking you on Saturday?”
            “Oh! He took me to the beach!”
            “I know that look,” said June. “You are IN love with him!”
            I giggled, “I suppose I am.”
            After I said that, Pete had gotten angry, and walked out of the cafeteria. “What was that all about,” I asked.
            “It’s nothing” said Roxy.
            “That was obviously something. Tell me,” I said with a stern tone.
            “Leah, don’t act like you can’t tell.”
            “What are you talking about,” I was so confused.
            “Oh my god! Pete, my brother, is in love with you!”
            “What,” I said. “No, that can’t be true.”
            “Well, he is.”
            “I gotta go,” I said.
            I walked out of the cafeteria, and tried to find Pete. I remember he was sitting in front of his locker when I found him. “We need to talk,” I said as I sat down in front of him.
            “What about,” he said.
            “About why you are so upset with the fact that Peter and I are dating.”
            “You know why,” Pete said, and looked away from me.
            I put my fingers underneath his chin, and turned his head towards me. “No, I don’t. So please, tell me.”
            Then, Pete did something I wish he had not done. He kissed me. If he had not kissed me, I probably wouldn’t have thought that I had feelings for him. He tasted like honey, though. It made me only want him more, so I kissed him back. “Because, Leah, I am in love with you.”
            After that, Pete got up, and walked away. “Dammit,” I whispered to myself.
            I knew that Pete was going to tell Roxy. Roxy told everyone everything, so I knew I was in trouble. So, after school I went straight to my car, and went right home.
            I remember how happy I was the next day. I had gotten a cold, and stayed home from school. I kept my phone off the whole day, and nothing but sleep. I was not getting much sleep, though. I kept on having these terrible nightmares. The one that scared me the most was the one where I drowned in the ocean. I remember that dream perfectly.
            In the dream, I was on the boat with Roxy. However, all of a sudden she fell into the water. I tried to pull her back up, but she just ended up pulling me in. Roxy was fine, but I was trapped under water. Then, all of a sudden a hand reached in for me. As soon as I touched the hand, I woke up.
            That day was great for me. I just slept, slept, and slept. I slept until my alarm clock went off the next day.

Wednesday,
   May 6, 2008

            I did not want to go to school that day. I thought that everyone would be talking about me and Pete. Not a single person was, though. Actually, everyone was a lot nicer to me. I was surprised that this many people knew my name.
            At lunch time I actually had enough courage to go sit with Peter. “Where were you yesterday,” he asked.
            “I was sick,” I said. “Sorry I didn’t answer your calls, or anything. I slept all day.”
            Peter smiled. “Don’t worry babe. It’s all good.”
            “Why is everyone being so nice to me today?”
            “I have no idea. Go ask Roxy, she might know.”
            “Okay, I’ll talk to you later?”
            “All right,” Peter kissed me good bye.
            I got up, and walked over to Roxy, Pete, and June. “Hey guys,” I said.
            “Hi,” they all said.
            “Um, Roxy? Why is everyone being so nice to me today?”
            “Maybe, it’s because they know we kissed, and think you should be with me. Not Peter,” said Pete.
            “Shut up,” I said.
            “Everyone is being so nice to you, because I told them that your birthday is coming up next week,” said Roxy.
            “Oh great,” said Pete with a smile. “Do I get to give you a birthday kiss as well?”
            “Go to hell,” I said sweetly.
            After I said that, Pete walked away. Of course, I was stupid enough to follow him. When I walked out of the cafeteria, I went to his locker. “Pete, I’m…”
            I did not get to finish my sentence, because Pete interrupted me. With a freaking kiss, of course. He put his arms around me, and pulled me close to him. Then, he leaned down, and kissed me again. The thought of the kiss now hurts me inside. However, when he kissed me, he put a lot of force into it. It was a real kiss, and I liked it.
            When he stopped kissing me he smiled, and walked away. He left me wanting more. I’ll admit that I did want more. I wanted a lot more, but I was not supposed to be wanting more from him. I was supposed to want my boyfriend, Peter.
            When that last school bell rang, I went straight home. I turned off every electronic device that I owned. I wanted to die in that moment. However, I did not know that I was going to die nine days from then.

Thursday,
  May 7, 2008

            I remember this day perfectly.
            When I got to school, my boyfriend was waiting for me by my locker. Peter. My boyfriend. Why did I cheat on such an amazing guy? I will never know. Maybe… Just maybe, something great will happen to Peter now that I’m gone.
            The day was going pretty normal. However, when I went to lunch, there was no Roxy, and there was no Pete. Just June.
            I went over to June, and asked her where Roxy and Pete were. “Roxy is sick, and Pete asked me to give you this,” June said, and handed me a folded up paper. I opened up the paper, and it said, ‘Leah, I need to talk to you. Meet me at my locker.
                                                                                                            -Pete.
            “Thanks,” I said to June.
            I walked down to Pete’s locker ready to end whatever was going on between him and me. “Pete, we need to talk.”
            Pete turned around, and just pounced at me. His lips touched mine, and we were just making out. I didn’t pull away. I didn’t push him off me. Instead, I kissed him back. I loved the feeling of his kisses. I wanted more, and more. He pulled away and said, “I love you, Leah.”

            Then, he walked away. Boy, was I weak! I did not have one hint of a backbone. I felt so bad that we kissed. Again. Pete is the one to blame, though. He tricked me, and manipulated me. Who knows what else he did? I will find out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment