Monday, August 11, 2014

Chapter Seven: Molly

After I left Alex’s office that day I decided to wander the castle. I stopped keeping track of how long I was in the castle; so honestly, I was beginning to lose it. When I was alive, I was a wanderer; a castle was definitely the best place to get some wandering done.
          I had been everywhere in the castle except the different room levels. I always stayed on my level, and went to places everyone could go to. I never once dared to go to a level that I did not live on. However, I wanted to change that. I started on level eleven; Leah’s level.
          Part of me was really hoping that I would run into her, so I could finally tell her everything. However, another part of me was really hoping we would not cross paths again. What if she has something planned for me already? What is she trying to do? What if other people are going to help her?
          I started walking down the hallway on level eleven. It looked just like all of the other hallways; never ending. The walls were tall, gray, and made out of stone. Every few feet there were big, wide, wooden doors to enter the bedrooms. Each bedroom door had a sign with the last names of the people who lived inside the rooms. However, some people preferred their first names to be up there instead.
          Everything was looking pretty normal in the hallway. Everything looked the same; well, except for the people. However, I did recognize a few faces from my previous levels. As I was walking down the hall, I would look at a few of the signs. One of the signs I recognized the names as one of my previous roommates. I was about to knock on the door until I heard her voice just a few doors down.
          “Wait, don’t go yet,” said Leah.
          I turned quickly to make sure she was not talking to me. She wasn’t. There was this big, muscly guy, standing outside of her door with her. She was flirting with him, and he didn’t seem to mind. What was she doing? Leah never flirted with boy; especially boys who looked like him. The guy was seriously cute, but he was not Leah’s type.
          Leah could not see me, because all of her attention was focused on him. She asked him to come inside her room. “What are we going to do in there,” the guy asked.
          “Oh, I could think of a few things for us to do in here,” she said to him.

          Then, Leah took the guy by his arm and pulled him into her room. She’s trying to get people on her side. She’s trying to get people against me. Leah is trying to get rid of me just like I got rid of her…

No comments:

Post a Comment