Saturday, January 11, 2014

Chapter 17: Soul Castle

I have to get to Savannah! I have to get to her! I need her help. She is the only one that can make sleep, so I can remember! It is not my day for therapy until tomorrow, but I need to see her so she can help me remember.
            I walked right into her office, “Savannah,” I shouted.
            “Calm down, Leah! What is it?”
            “I need to remember. Can you help me fall asleep? Please, I have remembered all the way up till May 14th, and my birthday was the 15th. Please, Savannah. Help me,” I said to her.
            “If I help you, will you calm down?”
            “Yes, I promise.”
            “Okay, child. Lay down.”

            My mind is only focused on her voice. Savannah’s voice, and Savannah’s voice only. “Okay, Leah. You are tired. You are very, very tired. You have not slept in over six months. Your eyelids are becoming very heavy. You cannot keep them open any longer. When I say, home, you will fall asleep, and then wake back up in your bed in Tucson. Ready, Leah? Three, two, one, HOME!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment